Chelsea boss Antonio Conte Photo: Screengrab
Antonio Conte has told Chelsea FC fans that he is not concerned about Alvaro Morata’s recent goal drought for the Blues.
Morata was one of six summer signings at Stamford Bridge last year as Conte brought the Spanish striker to Stamford Bridge from Real Madrid.
The 25-year-old has made a solid start to life at the club and seems to have had no problems adapting to the rigours of English football.
However, he had only managed to score three goals in his last 10 games in all competitions ahead of the clash with Leicester at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon.
But Chelsea boss Conte insists that slumps in goal-scoring form are perfectly normal even for top strikers and says he is not worried about his lack of goals in recent weeks.
Speaking at a news conference at Cobham on Friday afternoon, Conte said: “I like in different moments of the season to speak with every player, to speak about improvement during training sessions, and about what we can do together to improve him.
“Alvaro is a really good guy. I have no problem with him. This period is normal. Every player can have this type of situation.
“When the striker doesn’t score, we can say he is in trouble, but for me the most important thing is he has to continue to work for the team, and to continue to do what I ask of him during the game.
“The most important thing is that I am happy. In this case, I am happy for him, for Michy [Batshuayi] and for the…