The defender been on the bench in recent weeks and could be forced out with a knee issue, but the coach is optimistic about Victor Moses’ availability
David Luiz has been ruled out of Chelsea’s Premier League contest against Swansea City and will be subject to a further assessment on his knee injury.
Boss Antonio Conte said the centre-back, who has found himself on the fringes of Chelsea’s starting XI, is among several injury concerns, with Charly Musonda definitely out and Michy Batshuayi and Kenedy not yet at 100 per cent.
And it appears as though David Luiz may be set for a spell on the sidelines as Chelsea attempt to determine the full extent of his troublesome knee.
“I must be honest at the moment it is difficult for me to answer [how long he will be out],” Conte told a news conference ahead of Wednesday’s away fixture.
“It will be up to the doctor to assess it and take the best decision. I don’t know [how long].”
There was better news on wing-back Victor Moses, though, who is back in contention for the first time since damaging his hamstring last month.
“He is in contention but at the same time I have to make the best decision for every player,” he added.
“For sure Victor is back from a bad injury and needs a bit of time to find the best physical condition. He is an important player for us.”
Conte reports David Luiz (knee problem) and Charly Musonda are out, and Michy Batshuayi and Kenedy are trying ‘to come back to 100…