Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige has denied report that he will be contesting the rerun of Anambra Central Senatorial Election to be held on the 13th of January 2018.
The Minister was the candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC) at the 2015 Anambra Central Senatorial election.
The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Thursday dismissed a motion seeking to restrain INEC from conducting the re-run election into the Anambra Central Senatorial District.
The Minister in a statement signed by himself and sent to The Nation said he will not be participating in an election he described as charade.
Dr. Ngige said he had earlier notified his party, (APC) of his intention to withdraw from the senatorial rerun election when it was earlier scheduled for March 2016
“My attention has been drawn to a list by the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) which contains my name as a candidate in the rerun Anambra Central Senatorial Election being conducted Saturday, January 13, 2018”.
“For the information of the General Public and voters as well as my numerous supporters in Anambra Central Senatorial District, I’m not participating in the said election which can be described as a charade’.
“I have since by a letter dated 11th January 2016 withdrawn from this rerun Election when it was earlier scheduled for March 2016 in accordance with the provisions of sections 33 &35 of the Electoral Act 2010 for personal& Family…