The Reds were revealed as part of the lineup for the annual pre-season tournament earlier in April, with Jurgen Klopp‘s side set to return to the United States this summer.
Dortmund, City and United were widely expected to be their opposition, and this was confirmed at a press conference in Miami on Tuesday afternoon.
Liverpool will play Dortmund at the Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina on July 22, City at the MetLifeStadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on July 25 and United at Ann Arbor’s Michigan Stadium on July 28.
This forms the marquee portion of another busy summer for the Reds, who are also believed to be lining up friendlies in Europe and at Anfield ahead of 2018/19.
Liverpool’s Pre-Season Schedule So Far
- Dortmund – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC – July 22, 9pm
- Man City – MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ – July 26, 1am
- Man United – Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI – July 28, 10pm
- Napoli – Aviva Stadium, Dublin – August 4*
All times BST.
* Fixture yet to be confirmed.
Plans are also in place to play two further domestic friendlies before the ICC, including a clash with Tranmere Rovers, likely at Prenton Park.
The Liverpool U23s currently play their home games at the stadium in Birkenhead, and the Reds have taken on Tranmere in each of the past two…